Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The World Is A Carosel of Color



So this weekend was America's 234th birthday and I celebrated it in the best place possible the Disneyland Resort! I went to Disneyland with my friend Sara and her family. The first day was just getting there. It was a fun 2 hour drive down to Anaheim. We played I Spy it was that fun hahaha and that was pretty much the only exciting part of the fist day.

Saturday Part 1- The beginning of the saga. The weather was nice and breezy very different from the hot 100 degree weather that've been having to get used to. Walking up to the main gate of Disneyland is my favorite part. I like humming the tunes and strolling the the esplanade. Main street looked absolutely amazing as it was when Walt first welcomed guest into his magic kingdom. As I strolled down the street the aromas of fresh popped popcorn, candy apples, and corn dogs filled the air and made each breath delicious. We went on every ride probably twice before 8pm rolled around. I was really surprised I had expected that everyone wanted to be at Disneyland for 4th of July weekend. It got hotter during the day and their was no better way to cool off than enjoying two of my favorite treats in Disneyland a Mickey bar and Mint Julep.



The the last thing we did on Saturday was head over to California Adventure to view the all new nighttime spectacular Walt Disney Presents World of Color. World of color was absolutely amazing. We got in the Yellow section, which was the middle of Paradise Park, this provides a great view. It was a little confusing though. We were told to meet back over by Redwood Creek challenge trail to be led over to the viewing area by cast members before the show. However the when we got there we found that you actually didn't need to report to the check in area you can just go pick out a spot luckily we got there pretty early and found a good spot.

The show was awesome from intro to end! The favorite part of the show for me was the villians scene. From Pirates to the Stampede , I was on the edge of my toes. All the fire lit up the night. The heat form the fire warmed our faces even though we were a pretty good distance away. The Chernabog scene right now is actually better than I thought it was going to be. The show brought out a range of emotions which something Disney does better than anyone else. I was excited before the show, happiness washed over me when I looked on and saw Buzz and Woody, sadness during the Lion King scene and anger at the end because it was over.
The water effects were crisp and clear and all done very well.

The most interesting scene was the finale. After a certain cat makes his appearence, it bascially shows you what you've seen in the show. A very well done finale. The show was really a world of color and it showcased all of the movies that Walt himself loved and ones that all of us today identify as the classics. From the Little Mermaid to Wall E and everyone in between. I was happy to see that Tiana and Naveen in the the finale scene and Dr. Facilier in the villains scene. I rather enjoyed the show and it is definitely worth staying out at DCA to see. (there were 3 showings when I was there).

Here are some tips for if your planning to see the show.
1. Go get a fastpass for the show by Grizzly River Run or by California Screamin. It is the FIRST THING you should do when you get into the park.

2. Be sure to stick around for the exit music. The fountains remain on until the exit music ends. It's a great way to view the water effects if you're not close enough during the show.


Part 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment