The flight over was definitely entertaining we could play trivia games and watch satellite television on the plane( how cool is that!). We got to Atlanta at about 4:50 in the morning and let me tell you as soon as I walked off the plane the humidity hit me right in the face. The air felt so thick that I could almost swim in it. Of course by the time we landed in Atlanta I had worked up a giant appetite. The only thing open was a Chick-fil-A so I got fried chicken and biscuits for breakfast. It was pretty tasty but I would much rather have had something else. I was able to catch 10 mins of sleep in the airport before we took off to finish our trip to Orlando.
The journey to Orlando from Atlanta was pretty quick it only took about an hour and 10mins of flight time. We made our way to our hotel only to find that ALL of the rooms had been book so we took up all of our stuff and went to a hotel about half a mile away. It was seriously the hottest half mile ever!!! Especially with having to carry all of my bags and junk. SO at the new hotel they did have rooms available but they were like 80 bucks a night, so thats when I called the G-PA. My grandpa being the master negotiator that he is was able to haggle down the price to 67 bucks I still have no idea how he did that. SO we stayed our first night there.
After taking what turned out to be a 5 hour nap I woke up and we ventured out to Pop century resort for a pre-arrival meet and greet to meet some of the other people that were starting their college programs on the same day. I met a bunch of new people and people that I have been chatting with on facebook for months but just now meeting face to face for the first time. After dinner some of us went to this place called the Orlando Ale House. It was ladies night so all the girls got to drink for free so they all had fun but the rest of us that had to pay had an ok time. The best thing about Ale House was their cheese fries gosh they were sooooo delicious!! After Ale house I made my way back to the hotel and crashed out for the night. I had a very early and busy day the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment