
Last night I went to the midnight showing of a movie. I have seen many movies before and I've been excited to see all of them, but last night was different. Last night as I took my seat in a theater filled with people that were all pretty much my age, which I didn't expect to see at all, I began to drift back to the day when I was 6 years old sitting down watching the screen with so much anticipation waiting to see the first movie which would soon become my favorite Disney movie Toy Story. Last night as the movie began I started to feel the gravity of it all. This wasn't going to be just another Pixar movie, this was the end of a legacy and a fitting one at that or was it as they always say with Disney there's never really an end.
Now I will try not to be as bias as I can be in this little review of Toy Story 3. With that said, it is my opinion that Toy Story 3 could be one of THE best movies I have ever seen in my life. It encompassed everything that is expected of Disney Pixar and more. The imagination, scale and scope brings to life a great story, a story that Walt himself would have been very proud of. It had action scenes with a great escape sequence, it had comedy with the spanish speaking Buzz Lightyear and it was sooo full of emotion. There was a time when I wanted to look back and see how many people would be crying in the theaters.
I think what was most enjoyable about Toy Story 3 to me, was the characters Woody and Buzz and all of them are "people" because their characters are so lifelike and dynamic. Then I realized it wasn't an accident
They've grown older since the second movie and its visible with the attention to detail that has been praised about in every Pixar movie. Andy is preparing to go to college, faced with the conflict every child has when it's time to put away playful things. I know for me personally it stuck a chord because I feel like there has been a calling for me that its time for me to put away the childish things. Not through them away per say just put them into the attic for when Im ready for them when I have children.
Toy Story 3 is a roller coaster that picks up right from the beginning and never lets you off, as Woody attempts to rescue his friends from Sunnyside Daycare. The stakes get higher and higher, until a high climax which is so dark that for a moment I really believed this could be the final chapter. Toy Story 3 ends and resolves everything, leading to a sort of curtain call where Andy introduces all of his toys and gives them the one thing that all those toys were dying for to be played with. I was fighting back the tears myself.
But this wasn't the sad farewell that everyone expected. Toy Story 3 contains its share of laughs, my favorites were Barbie falling for Ken, to Spanish Buzz with his Dancing with the Stars routine, and Mr. Potatoe head turning into a tortilla.
This is probably one of my favorite movies. I have ever seen. I recommend that everyone see it!!
mom was one of the people who were crying :)
ReplyDelete